Bearing one of the most iconic color combinations in sports history, the Los Angeles Lakers regal yellow-gold and purple pairing has provided LeBron James with endless Player Exclusive opportunities.
Mismatched between a highlighter yellow left foot and a bright lilac right, the multi-color edition remains dissimilar aside from sharing the same palette and crisp white tread across both pairs. Bearing the same textured iridescent finish that coats the silhouette’s upcoming “Abalone” installation, the clad-colored uppers are offset by purple or yellow-outlined profile swooshes and midsoles. Elsewhere, a pastel infusion of sky blue and pink blast animates the laces, inner linings and medial swooshes, cementing the pair’s every-other color blocking.
What makes the Nike LeBron 21?
• Much like how the LeBron 20 was inspired by Bronny, the LeBron 21 draws inspiration from his role as a father to his youngest child, Zhuri.
• The protective nature LeBron exudes around his daughter is brought to life through an oyster shell-inspired silhouette.
• Protecting the pearl inside, the upper venting has been striated to mimic the veining of a shell.
• The latter’s lightweight mono-mesh construction is reinforced by 360-degree zonal cables at the midfoot.
• Perforated Swooshes provide further breathability alongside the sock liner’s porous mesh pockets.
• The sole unit is packed with the same responsive setup as the LeBron 20 underfoot, featuring a bottom-loaded Zoom Turbo unit in the forefoot and a larger, top-loaded, 13mm Zoom Air unit at the heel. All of which is set into a full-length Cushlon 2.0 foam carrier.
• Further oyster shell elements appear across the exposed construction of the foxing and along the quilted tongue.
• Stitched insoles denote James’ four NBA Championship rings while his 1984 birth year sits on the underside of the heel tab.
• A jeweled element sits at the middle of the heel bearing 21 in roman numerals.