This “Tahitian” colorway of LeBron’s 21st signature sneaker with the Swoosh is inspired by the alluring glow of Tahitian pearls.
The basketball shoe takes on a black, particle grey, wolf grey and pink rise color combination. The shoe’s upper is mostly constructed in a black suede, highlighted throughout the shoe and the signature perforations on the side. The Swoosh is also in the same shade and material with white embroidery outlines to accent the branding. Continuing the black pearl theme, details are iridescent and are seen on the heel, complementing the signature pearl-like bubble. The shoe sits atop a black midsole and green translucent outsole to round out the shoe.
What makes the Nike LeBron 21?
• Much like how the LeBron 20 was inspired by Bronny, the LeBron 21 draws inspiration from his role as a father to his youngest child, Zhuri.
• The protective nature LeBron exudes around his daughter is brought to life through an oyster shell-inspired silhouette.
• Protecting the pearl inside, the upper venting has been striated to mimic the veining of a shell.
• The latter’s lightweight mono-mesh construction is reinforced by 360-degree zonal cables at the midfoot.
• Perforated Swooshes provide further breathability alongside the sock liner’s porous mesh pockets.
• The sole unit is packed with the same responsive setup as the LeBron 20 underfoot, featuring a bottom-loaded Zoom Turbo unit in the forefoot and a larger, top-loaded, 13mm Zoom Air unit at the heel. All of which is set into a full-length Cushlon 2.0 foam carrier.
• Further oyster shell elements appear across the exposed construction of the foxing and along the quilted tongue.
• Stitched insoles denote James’ four NBA Championship rings while his 1984 birth year sits on the underside of the heel tab.
• A jeweled element sits at the middle of the heel bearing 21 in roman numerals.